Sunday 1 August 2010

Pamela Pretswell is second in the Austrian Open Amateur Championship

PAMELA PRETSWELL Pamela Pretswell in action at the Austrian women's amateur championship

This week I have been playing in the Austrian Ladies International Championship at Murhof Golf Club http://www.murhof.at/ , the venue for the European Ladies Team Championship in 2011.

I took the opportunity to play in this European Ladies ranking event by flying directly from the International European Ladies' Amateur Championship at Golf & Spa Resort Kunetickà Hora in the Czech Republic, where I finished in 6th place with a 72 hole score of 3 under par. I am really grateful for the support provided by the Scottish Ladies Golf Association and our sponsors Aberdeen Asset Management which allowed me to play in these events.
I finished runner-up in this 72 hole championship with a final total of 9 under par. I scored a 6 under 66 in the first round, including 9 birdies, to lead the championship and followed that up with a par 72 and a 2 under 70 yesterday to lead by one shot at 8 under going into the final 18 holes. I shot a 1 under round of 71 today, including 2 birdies, for a 9 under par total of 279. Unfortunately, this was one shot more than winner Klara Spilkova (Czech Republic) who started in 4th place today and played in the group in front of me. Klara shot a 6 under 66 with 6 birdies over the final 13 holes, including birdies at 17 and 18 to finish one ahead on 278.

Although it was disappointing to be pipped at the post after leading throughout the championship, I have been delighted with the way that I have been playing during the last few weeks. I am starting to benefit from playing more regularly now that I have a summer break from my studies at Glasgow University and really pleased to score 12 under in my last 8 rounds. Looking forward to the rest of my season and to playing the Murhof course again with the Scottish Ladies team at the European Team Championship next year - and perhaps doing even better than the fantastic bronze medal that we won at La Manga, Spain in July.

The full scoreboard can be seen by Clicking Here

Leading Totals:
Par 72
Klara Spilkova (Czech Republic) 278 - 10 under (71, 70, 71, 66)
Pamela Pretswell (Bothwell Castle) 279 - 9 under (66, 72, 70, 71)
Sarah Schober (Austria) 280 - 8 under (71, 71, 68, 70)
Tereza Vavruskova (Czech Republic) 282 - 6 under (73, 69, 67, 73)

Regards
Pamela Pretswell

WELL DONE PAMELA --- FROM ALL IN THE WEST OF SCOTLAND