Monday 12 December 2011

Message from D&A's Jean Campbell from Florida

Jean is the one on the left 

 Camilo Villegas reads his putt

This was how I appeared on tv last Friday!!!!
John and I went with our German friends to the Franklin Templeton Shootout at Tiburon Golf Club at the Ritz Carlton resort in Naples, this was us at the 18th and enjoyed the day - Scotty McCarron was taking the mickey out of Camilo Villegas who as you know is one for spreadeagling himself along the ground to read a putt - so Scotty lay on his back and when he got up - he did hole out. Later, the four of them came to a golf clinic which Norman hosted - they showed us all sorts of shots, questions were invited and the kids were made very welcome and encouraged to ask questions, they then had about ten youngsters aged 10 - 16 who then showed us what they could do and boy it was impressive - professional golfers in the making. I did of course take one of the free hats and got Norman, Fowler and McCarron to sign it - Rickie Fowler asked me if I would like a game but I am far to busy to fit a game into MY busy schedule!!!!

There was the usual stalls for all sorts of things and in one of the places, I took part in a putting competition and for holing three putts in a row - got a head cover - they did take a picture and you could choose whatever background - the US OPEN or St. Andrews - I chose the Scottish venue! We then went into Naples and had dinner on 5th Avenue so a nice finish to the day.

THANKS FOR YOUR NEWS JEAN -- AND DELIGHTED TO SEE YOU ARE NOW A TV STAR !!