Sunday 4 May 2008

Report from D&A's Webmistress Jean Campbell from the Carrick yesterday

Jean Campbell, Lisa Hall and Lorna Craigie
Lisa Hall had a super round of four under par yesterday and her caddy told us it could have been seven or eight more as she had so many putts that just missed - when she came off the 18th green, Lorna and I were standing waiting for Kylie to come on and Lisa turned to the four volunteers who were there and thanked us for all our work this week and told us it was much appreciated by all the players - how nice.

The photograph shows Lorna Cragie and I with Lisa AND she gave us a couple of golf balls - so now we are her number one fans!!! I did say that we had spoken to her before she went out and that was why she had such a good round - okay so I lied - the photograph was taken at the end!!!!

We went into the pro shop today to book our free round of golf and also to spend our vouchers - had I not been given the vouchers I would have walked back out again - things were just a tad pricey - anyway we did use the vouchers up and have a game booked. It was nice that Nocera won and I am pleased for Boden that she birdied the last hole to gain the second spot on her own - she has been on the leaderboard since the first day. The English girl Hudson had some round today and with five birdies in the last nine holes, she shot up the leaderboard, she must have been so disappointed to drop a shot at the last hole.
I was so busy telling fibs about Lisa Hall that I forgot to mention Kylie - we walked down and watched her get her par at the first hole - she hit a super shot to the short second and got her par there. Her drive at the third was in the centre of the fairway - she had to wait (always) for her two playing partners to play to the green before she played and what an awful shot she played - she put it into the water at the right - dropped the ball and played a poor pitch onto the green and then three putts for a seven at this par four hole.
We just watched her drive at the fourth and I could tell she was not pleased with it and sure enough she did drop another shot there and then she settled down and got it going again and finished six over for today - when you think of these four dropped shots at two holes - but I suppose that is golf - I am very lucky because I do this sort of thing very often and am not put off at all !!!!! I still have that winners acceptance speech in my handbag but feel I must change it as I refer to the king and I believe we now have a queen!!!

Thanks Jean for your excellent report and photograph from the Carrick , Loch Lomond