Thursday 26 May 2016

PAMELA PRETSWELL QUALIFIES FOR USA WOMEN'S OPEN

Pamela Pretswell secured the fifth and final spot on three-under-par 141 (70-71) in the qualifying 36 hole European qualifier for the 2016 USA Women's Open Championship.
The Scot from Hamilton said: “I’m absolutely delighted. This is my first time playing in US Women’s Open qualifying and I’m looking forward to playing in California.
"I’ve played in two British Opens but to go over to America will be amazing and a good experience. I just tried to stay patient all day and make as many birdies as we could.
"I think I was very patient which is something I’m not always good at but it’s been coming for a while, so it’s nice. It’s massive and I’m looking forward to next month and hopefully I can continue playing good golf.”
Other Scots who did well but not quite well enough by finishing in the top 20 were Carly Booth (T8 on 143: 71-72), Kylie Walker (T11 on 145: 71-74) and Vikki Laing (T18 on 147: 71-76

To read the full report go to Kirkwood Golf.