Friday 30 June 2017

WEST KILBRIDE'S LOUISE DUNCAN LEADS THE FIELD IN THE GIRLS AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP


In the Scottish Girls Amateur Championship - (over Drumoig and Scotscraig)  there was an impressive leader with West Kilbride’s Louise Duncan setting the pace on four-under-par 69. Duncan actually fired eight birdies in a topsy-turvy round, before having to settle for -4.
Duncan leads by five from a trio of players on one over, namely Kirsty Brodie from Strathmore, Hannah Darling (Broomieknowe) and another in-form player, Jillian Farrell from Cardross.
Darling’s effort featured four birdies and an eagle on the 11th and she said: “A lot of putts dropped today which I was really happy about. To win this week would be my aim, but I just want to do as well as I can. If I play my my own game and it’s not good enough, at least I’ve tried my best.”
The top 16 progress to the knockout stages in the girls’ event, in both scratch and nett championships.
To read the full report and boys results go to the Scottish Golf Website