Friday 26 July 2019

DARLING HOLDS LEAD HEADING INTO FINAL ROUND AT PARKSTONE


Hannah Darling -- Photo courtesy of the EGA
Hannah Darling (Broomieknowe) has taken the lead at the European Ladies' Amateur Championship.

 The Scottish player, who celebrated her 16th birthday last week, fired a bogey-free 68 (-4) in round three at Parkstone Golf Club to top the leaderboard on eight-under-par.
"I enjoyed it out there a lot. I just stuck to my processes, I had no idea where I was on the leaderboad" said Darling. "Obviously it's a big tournament but it's still the same golf course. There's no pressure on me to be honest, I'm only 16, so I'm just going to enjoy it tomorrow and see what happens in the end."
Darling, the second youngest player in the 144-player field, will have a chance to become the first ever Scottish player to win the European Ladies' Amateur Championship on Saturday. Victory would also qualify her for the AIG Women's British Open to be held at Woburn next week.
France's ChloĆ© Salort shot the lowest round of the day. The French player made four birdies and an eagle on her way to shooting a five-under-par 67. Two birdies in the last four holes earned Salort a place in the final pairing just three shots behind.

Shannon McWilliam finished on +3
Scots - Hazel Macgarvie, Chloe Goadby and Louise Duncan all missed the cut
The full leaderboard and the final round tee times can be found on the European Championship Webpage.