Scottish Golf is excited to announce that expression of interest is now open for our 2020 GolfSixes Leagues. Run in partnership with the Golf Foundation, the leagues provides junior beginner golfers who have no handicap or 37 and above the opportunity to represent their club in team-based playing opportunity that is fast and fun.
This is an inter-club competition where local clubs work collaboratively to provide a positive playing experience through simple points scoring that will retain the children’s interest in the sport.
How does it work?
Teams take part in a standardised format which can be easily organised and administered by the PGA professional or club volunteer. The competition would consist of:
- Minimum 4 teams per league, up to a maximum of 6
- Up to 8 fixtures per league
- 6 short holes adapted depending on facility and number of teams
- Shotgun start where possible (peripheral activities if tee time start)
- Up to a squad of 12 where you may rotate players (ideally a minimum 4 girls per squad)
- Teams of 6 playing each match Pairs Texas Scramble using a point scoring system based on number of strokes taken e.g. 1 stroke = 10 points, 10 strokes = 1 point
- Clubs in the league share hosting the fixtures
READ MORE -- Register your club's interest in GolfSixes today!