Thursday 11 April 2019

HANNAH DARLING HAS A THREE SHOT LEAD AFTER ROUND 2 OF SCOTTISH GIRLS ‘ OPEN

Hannah Darling continued to lead the way at this year’s Scottish Girls’ Open. An even par round of 71 gave the Scots teenager a 3-shot lead going into tomorrow’s final round on the Eden Course at St Andrews.

Looking ahead to tomorrow’s final round, Darling said: “Tomorrow is another fresh day and I will be looking to play it as I have over the last two days, not getting ahead of myself and keeping a level head. I’ve not been in a final group often, so I am just looking forward to learning from it and hoping it goes my way.”

Darling, who is currently studying for her National 5 exams, has had to use her down time at this year’s event to keep on top of her revision adding:

I am doing pretty well at the moment; I’m trying to do it little and often as that’s the only way I can do it at the moment, but I think that my parents will be happy to hear that I am trying to study.”

The low round of the day came from Isabelle Simpson who carded a one-under-par 70 to sit in second place ahead of tomorrow’s final round. She will join Darling and England’s Ellie Gower in the final group tomorrow. 

View Scottish Girls’ Open leaderboard