Wednesday 10 April 2019

HANNAH DARLING LEADS AFTER ROUND 1 OF THE SCOTTISH GIRLS



From the Scottish Golf Website (Photo courtesy of Scottish Golf)

Hannah Darling soared to the top of the Scottish Girls’ Open leaderboard on Wednesday afternoon after posting an impressive four-under-par 67 on St Andrews’ Eden Course. 

Darling fired six birdies in her opening nine holes and a steady closing stretch gave the Broomieknowe teenager a one-shot lead over the rest of the field. 

Speaking to Scottish Golf after her round, Darling said: “I stuck to my processes well today, I had a few bogeys out there but I didn’t let that get me down. Everyone is going to have bad holes out there because it is that sort of golf course but I stayed patient and let the birdies come to me and I was pretty chuffed overall.” 

 Looking ahead to the next two rounds, Darling added: “It’s a marathon and not a sprint so I am just taking each day as it comes. I will re-assess tomorrow when I wake up, but I am just happy with what has happened.” Germany’s Olivia Bergner sits in second place, one stroke behind Darling after round one while four players, including top seed Ani Eisenhut, are tied for third on -1.

CLICK HERE FOR ALL SCORES (Including the Boys Results from West Kilbride)