Monday 20 January 2020

ALISON MUIRHEAD MAKES MAGIC MOVE AT LA MANGA

Alison Muirhead
Scotland’s Alison Muirhead took control of the Pre-Qualifier for the 2020 LET season after firing a sensational career best seven-under-par 64 over the North Course at La Manga Club in Cartagena, Spain.
The 21-year-old from Scotland moved to nine-under-par and opened up a five shot lead heading into the final round. A delighted Muirfield reflected: “I started pretty slow on the front nine and made the turn in one-under-par. Ironically, on my back nine the wind picked up but so did my game.
“I birdied the tenth hole and it really gave me momentum. The highlight of my round came at the par-5 12th hole which I eagled. I hit a superb four iron from 225 yards and rolled in a 25 foot putt. Coming down the stretch I played some excellent golf and rolled in four more birdies.”
Alison, was born in Johannesburg and currently lives in Dubai where she practices at Jumeirah Golf Estates. She added on a memorable day in Spain: “The North Course is a tough test and has some narrow tee shots. I have been working hard on my game and I am so happy to shoot my best ever score when it really matters. There is still a lot of golf to be played but this has given me a lot of confidence. My Mum is here watching and I’m sure will be ecstatic for me.”
Scotland's Heather Macrae finished in 16th place and Hannah McCook just made the cut tied 58th.
Kimberley Beveridge and Heather Stirling missed the cut
The top 60 players and ties will make it through to final stage of Qualifying which will be played over the North and South courses 22nd – 26th September.