Saturday 25 January 2020

SCOT ALISON MUIRHEAD SHARES THE LEAD AFTER 4 ROUNDS AT THE LET QUALIFYING SCHOOL

Alison Muirhead - Photo Courtesy of the Ladies European Tour
Amy Boulden and Alison Muirhead share the lead heading into the final round of LET Qualifying School at La Manga Club in Murcia.

 The leaders are tied on five-under-par 283 after four rounds, including two rounds on the North and South Courses respectively. 

After a tough third round of 77 on the North Course, co-leader Muirhead was delighted to bounce back with a bogey-free three-under-par round of 70 on the South. 
The 21-year-old Scot said: “It was really steady today and I enjoyed it. The conditions altered during the round so it was good to keep it steady and hit a lot of greens. 
I just kept lipping out for birdie, so it was very nice to see the ball rolling close today and to bounce back, especially after yesterday. 

I’m very pleased. “I’m feeling really good heading into tomorrow. It’s obviously another day, but I feel like my putter is working well. I didn’t hole as many putts today, but you obviously save them for the next day, so I’m really looking forward to tomorrow.”

To read the full report go to the Ladies European Tour Website

CLICK HERE FOR SCOREBOARD AFTER 4 ROUNDS

Unfortunately none of the other Scots made the final Cut.
Hannah McCook and Heather Macrae missed the final cut by 3 shots. Rachael Taylor and Gabrielle Macdonald were the other 2.