Sunday 18 October 2020

Ayrshire’s Claire McLaughlin receives the Jessica Smith Endowed Scholarship



COLUMBIA, Ky. --
 Lindsey Wilson women's golf sophomore Claire McLaughlin (West Kilbride) has been named the Jessica Smith Endowed Scholarship recipient.

McLaughlin is the second recipient of the endowed scholarship named after former Blue Raider Jessica Smith, who tragically passed away in an automobile accident on October 2, 2016.

McLaughlin, a Kilwinning, Scotland, native, says she is honored to be chosen for the scholarship.

"I am incredibly thankful to receive the Jessica Smith Endowed Scholarship," McLaughlin said. "This scholarship provides me an opportunity to continue my education here at Lindsey Wilson while playing a sport I truly love. I am forever grateful to the Smith family for their generosity to our golf program and for selecting me for this scholarship."

Read the full story by  CLICKING HERE